Rapper Bow Wow got caught lying about taking a private plane, hilarity ensues

I wonder how many trucks try to turn down that one-way street… He could probably make a separate video just for those.

2 Likes

I’ve read up to around 20000 on the high end.

Either way a damn impressive level of creative output for what was a small and niche design firm.

Here’s more on Pen & Pixel:

I particularly love this quote from the article:

There’s a tendency to write off anyone with a Pen & Pixel cover that isn’t famous (and already known to be clownable) as terrible because apparently you can judge gangster rap by its cover (unlike books!). And that’s unfortunate because Pen & Pixel thrived at a time when major labels really didn’t fuck with anyone who wasn’t from New York or Los Angeles. Small market rappers had to hustle. Major labels got you art direction. Indie rappers got Pen & Pixel to photoshop them on to a pile of gold holding a Glock. Sometimes they sold millions of records, sometimes they were just the hottest thing in Little Rock in 1997. Either way, a gallery of Pen & Pixel covers is a strange trip through rap in lesser-known corners of the map.

I’ve always particularly loved this cover:

With its literal money trees and raking in the sweet, sweet scrilla. (I’ve always wondered why South Park Mexican didn’t have a nicer house though – that shack just doesn’t seem to fit.)

And of course, no talk of Pen & Pixel album covers is complete without at least passing mention of this masterpiece:

3 Likes

Frankly, I like that one.

1 Like

With its literal money trees and raking in the sweet, sweet scrilla. (I’ve always wondered why South Park Mexican didn’t have a nicer house though – that shack just doesn’t seem to fit.)

A dollar bill has an area of approximately 1/9 of a square foot.

Land prices in Houston TX, where Mr. Mexican is from,* are $165 per square foot. He will need a coating of dollar bills on his yard 19 bills thick to pay for his property outright. An even coating of bills on his lawn will barely meet his mortgage. The meager harvest on his album cover is stretching him so thin that even with the crappy albums his has to put out to supplement his income, I’m surprised he can afford anything more than a tent on that property.

*Not South Park CO? Coulda fooled me

1 Like

My personal fave

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/trailerpark/images/a/a9/Jroc.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091104193113

Dollar bills? Those look like Benjamins to me. (This is quickly turning into a What If.)

Nah, they’re dollar bills photoshopped to look like Benjamins

Next thing you’re going to tell me is that money doesn’t actually grow on trees?

1 Like

Doh … yes :grimacing:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.