Rats trained to drive tiny cars in pursuit of Froot Loops

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/23/rats-trained-to-drive-tiny-car.html

8 Likes

See, now I am just imagining rats in tiny cars in the—AHEM—rat race of the daily commute.

Insert something about Amazon deliveries, or gamified froot loop rewards tied to an app-driven ride-sharing service using rat drivers here.

Someone cut me 1% of the venture funding, and invite me to the celebrations when you monetize this.

20 Likes

“But the little rat-drivers aren’t employees, you understand; they’re independent contractors…”

46 Likes

There’s wisdom to gained here, somewhere.

10 Likes

I love this! In high school, I volunteered at the local science center and had a gig training rats to play basketball. Rats are really fun to train and play with. I might need to replicate this at home…

11 Likes

Next up, teaching them to ride motorcycles on Mars.

17 Likes

That's%20the%20Dream%20-%20Neil%20Patrick%20Harris%20as%20Barney%20Stinson%20in%20How%20I%20Met%20Your%20Mother

9 Likes

25 Likes

I’m buying a box of fruit loops tonight. I’ll eat them on my commute, teach MYSELF to drive.

14 Likes

Uber plan B for when self driving cars doesn’t work out for them? Maybe they’re already piloting this in Phoenix…

6 Likes

Was this research co-authored by Zardulu?

1 Like

26 Likes

Unfortunately one rat became a total asshole and beat the shit out of a little old lady rat who cut him off on the way to the loops. Charges are pending.1

12 Likes

Probably driving a BMW

14 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if that remark surfaced up at an ad company meeting handling Kellogg’s Froot Loops account.

3 Likes

14 Likes

I’m guessing these rats could have aced the driving test on the first try, unlike myself…

3 Likes

Oh the fools, the gullible fools… The rats are experimenting with them !!!

8 Likes

A recent study found that only 20% of rat passengers tip their driver. The rest of them are cheap rat bastards.

15 Likes

I’ll be impressed when they teach them lane discipline.

5 Likes