Ray Ban's Meta glasses

Originally published at: Ray Ban's Meta glasses | Boing Boing

Can I get them in trifocals? My eyes suck.

5 Likes

Reminds me of the glasses from They Live, except instead of all the “CONSUME” and “OBEY” signage being revealed and alerting the wearer to an alien conspiracy, it’ll just be unironically layered over in augmented reality as a form of entirely human advertising.

11 Likes

I never could wear this classic Ray Ban style, because of the narrowness of the bridge of my nose. I imagine all images mine would see would be on a 20 degree tilt.

2 Likes

I feel ya.

2 Likes

Miami Vice Deal With It GIF

14 Likes

I would love to have something like this to play with… if it did not come with the requirement to pass everything through facebook. Also the artificially imposed limitations (30 seconds max per video) kinda suck.

Waiting for someone to hack them into something really usable.

Usually -at least in europe- you can go to your optometrist and ask to have lenses fitted to the glasses. In my store they even do it without charge (is a university store and many of the workers are “students in practice”).

3 Likes

“Meta glasses”?

Do they only see other glasses?

4 Likes

I wonder if they have heat issues. Small package.

1 Like

Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses are prescription lens compatible. You can get Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses with prescription lenses by ordering a complete pair directly from Ray-Ban.com. You can also get prescription lenses added to your Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses at participating LensCrafters stores. In order to keep the manufacturer warranty intact, prescription lenses must be added at certified LensCrafters locations.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.