Recent bannings and deletions

I’m a-lookin!

And just hwat am I supposed to be seeing?

It looks like you’re perched on a toilet bowl rim, if you ask me.

1 Like

1 Like

The main problem is, it is a mean waste of energy dressed up as a clever community management tool.

If someone writes something that violates the rules we delete it. If someone needs talking to, we talk to them. Humiliating people, poking fun at their statements, any of that stuff is just punching down. Disemvowelling is not treating people with respect and asking for a better outcome, it is snide retaliation.

This is why I wanted to retire it.

14 Likes

It was cute for a while, but glad you did.

2 Likes

I miss Antinous Teresa.

1 Like

And bicycles.

2 Likes

Don’t even start going all fixie or I swear I’ll burst a blood vessel.

2 Likes

Fat tire or nothin’.

1 Like

Ha. You’re talking to a roadie. :smile:

1 Like

You don’t want to know what it looks like you’re perched on then…

3 Likes

Hmm, well, with some, poking fun at their statements is a way of putting them down. Like, where they belong, yeh no? Sometimes it’s punching up at someone who’s punching down so’s to punch them righteously down. Not that I’m saying there should be a whole lotta punching going down.

3 Likes

Moderators job is to make sure conversations can happen, not to put people down.

6 Likes

Ah right, you were talking about mods, not commenters. Sorry, I missed that.

5 Likes

I think it’s crucial to not that, in 3D, there is no up or down. Even in a gravity well, the closest one can get is in (towards the planet’s center), or out (away from the planet’s center).

My guess is that people appear to put others down, they are really pushing them in because they are hoping to climb people as a means of escaping the gravity well themselves, and so leave their home planet. It’s not unlike climbing atop drowning people, and more than a bit desperate.

7 Likes

I kind of like that as a metaphor.

3 Likes

Yeah, so there’s this thread with 500 posts, and 400 of those posts are really freaking amazing and awesome and have some potentially world-changing ideas in them BUT 100 of those posts are really freaking awful so we should just avoid that whole thread because: REASONS ?

Perhaps that 100 reply section of the topic should be

• deleted
  • moved to a different topic

Ideally before it gets to 100 replies?

4 Likes

Was that done in this specific case, prior to the moderation or the suspension? I missed the whole storm, so this thread is my only context.

2 Likes

I say ban 'em all and let.Antinous sort them out.

12 Likes

Oh noes! Begun, the disemfricatives have!

4 Likes