Remove.bg, the background-removing photo tool that people are going gaga for

I have switched to GIMP since my old copy of CS decided it’s now an illegal copy and refuses to run… do you know if there’s an equivalent of the magnetic lasso in GIMP? I found that super useful in Photoshop for those edge cases - get close to perfect then slowly edit pixel by pixel

2 Likes

Hm. Yeah, not bad.

13 Likes

Of course a teacher wants to push a student for more.
But people like what they like and dont give a damn what your teacher says.

Yes, that is what InPaint does.

humans successfully edited from the current timeline.

1 Like

Which FX tool/software was used for the “holding hands” effect?

6 Likes

Puppet Warp

4 Likes

“Humans considered harmful “

1 Like

1 Like

I dunno how this became a discussion about AI. It should have immediately focused in on the possibility of using the tool to replace the background of a picture of Trump with eyemouths with more pictures of Trump with eyemouths.

2 Likes

I don’t think gimp has anything better than the ‘intelligent scissors’ tool. Though there’s also ‘foreground select’ in the toolbox which sometimes comes in handy.

I don’t really know photoshop, since I have always found it too expensive for my image editing needs, so I don’t really know how they compare. Probably gimp is slightly gimped compared to P.S. :slight_smile:

I have to PhotoShop product images a lot. I bank them up until I have a big batch to do, then take a day, put Netflix on the TV and crunch through them. It is exactly as you say–the automated PS tools create so much cleanup that I might as well do the whole thing manually.

It’s interesting to see how our brains perceive color vs. the way color actually is. That’s been true since school, when one of my professors made the point that the white wall we were looking at was mostly blue in reality. This phenomenon is not so fascinating when the green bag is the same color around the edges as the white background paper it’s sitting on. And shiny metallic things can f*** right off.

3 Likes

Where are they now? Temporary digs.image

1 Like

(One thing I did that really broke their brain was colorizing Ansel Adams photographs… I wish I’d saved those PSDs)

You can have a computer do that for you now. :wink:

Colorful Image Colorization (half-way down the page on the left)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.