Republicans against evolution

You’re making a big assumption about what my party is, there. I can tell you that I’m sure as hell not a Democrat. Maybe somewhere between a Green and what they used to call a left-wing libertarian before the libertarians became a neutered republican cheering section. The Democrats, with a very few exceptions, luckily including my Senator, are every bit as corrupt and just about as totalitarian as the Republicans. That said, I think your comparison is either disingenuous or myopic. As individuals, they might believe this stuff, but in general, the Democratic party does not have pushing anti-scientific bullshit as nearly as large a part of what it cares about and is working for as the Republicans do. Even among your examples, the one where they were actually pushing a policy (prop 37), it was not a bad law (it wasn’t going to outlaw GMOs, jus t require them to be labeled), even if that guy was supporting it for stupid reasons,most of the people who supported it did not believe that guy’s bullshit. With the Republicans, OTOH, climate denial and creationism are large matters of party policy.

2 Likes