Rescued cruise passenger "woke up" in the ocean without the ship, says he didn't know how he got there

I have, actually. It’s where I earned my PADI certification.
The thought of “battling” those creatures is insane. Go punch some stinging jello, if you want. I’d rather try my best to float through.

7 Likes

He was safer in the ocean; can’t get covid from that.

4 Likes

You sure about that?

7 Likes

Damn, you have to hand it to him for managing to stay afloat with a hangover, a head injury, and likely hypothermia. That’s pretty rough.

4 Likes

:scream:

… Navy recruiters on his doorstep in 5 4 3 …

3 Likes

Are there any positions for a “wicked air guitar” player in the Navy?

4 Likes

“It’s different from the Hong Kong dolphin coronavirus. The genome itself is different,” said Dr. Wang.
The new virus poses little risk to humans, Wang said.

Whew! That was close. Was about to take a dip with Flipper.

1 Like

sure there are, as long as they can also operate the Widget Sail-O-Tronic 8800 with the sonar option

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely not easy to convince a dolphin to mask their blowhole.

2 Likes

And just like that, a new idiom for “shut up” was born.

2 Likes

Without a wet suit you end up “battling” them for sure. I consider myself a stoic. I did not stay calm while getting the shit stung out of me during a swim. My adrenaline rises just thinking about it!

2 Likes

Oh, agreed. Looks like the wording was chosen to make it exciting for people who aren’t remotely familiar with the topic.

But you have to admit, if just one country could evolve ambulatory aggressive stinging jellyfish, it’d be Australia. “Crikey! She’s a beauty!”

3 Likes

And all those hours without a washroom in sight!

Naiad Nyad would sound weird, so how about an anagram?

1 Like

“Drunken idiot seeks attention and costs society search-and-rescue resources”. Fixed that headline for you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.