RIP Michael Apted, director of the decades-spanning documentary series Up

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/10/rip-michael-apted-director-of-the-decades-spanning-documentary-series-up.html

5 Likes

Thunderheart, and Incident at Oglala. And Contitental Divide, with John Belushi.

And the greatest anomally, given his documentary background, The World is Not Enough.

6 Likes

So sad. I’ve seen all but the last of the wonderful Up series, haven’t been able to find it. Anyone here know of a platform that offers it?

6 Likes

Doesn’t seem to have had video or streaming release yet.

4 Likes

Thanks. Strange, since it’s been out for awhile now.

2 Likes

Just to be precise, he worked on the first series, but he didn’t take over director duties until 7 Plus Seven. Still an impressive achievement. I wonder if someone else will take over now.

5 Likes

Apparently Snow White thought seven up was a TV series…

1 Like

I hope so. The project can’t really be complete until it covers the complete lives of the remaining subjects (although it already has for one of them, and soon likely another).

1 Like

And Gorky Park! A detective story set in the 1980s Soviet Union, which also serves as a description of what life was like in the final stages of that country

3 Likes

I heard a radio report which suggested one of the series producers may take over, but I don’t recall her name.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.