"Rival Peak" is game that lets thousands of players control AI characters living in a "Lost"-like world

Originally published at: "Rival Peak" is game that lets thousands of players control AI characters living in a "Lost"-like world | Boing Boing

1 Like

It sounds interesting, but you have to log into Facebook to use it. Oh well, that’s a big Nope.

10 Likes

I second that…

4 Likes

Yes. I do use Facebook but I disabled the third party platform app (or whatever its called) way back in the heyday of that farming thing when game invitations came fast and thick. I have no intention of turning it back on now.

1 Like

Redshirts is a great book, really hilarious. I don`t think there is a Scalzi story I dont enjoy, but that one is near the top of the list.

I won’t be doing it either but I can see how it makes sense. You need to do something like that in social media to get mass audience participation. If they did it on its own website and only promoted it on social media only a fraction of their current audience would click through. And Twitter doesn’t let you embed apps like this. As mentioned in the text they could do it on Twitch but that would be an entirely different audience than the one they seem to want to reach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.