Rockstar Games sues fellow studio Remedy Entertainment over new logo

Originally published at: Rockstar Games sues fellow studio Remedy Entertainment over new logo - Boing Boing

1 Like

And Control, perkele!
The best game I’ve played in years, on a tie with HL2.

8 Likes

They’re going to be so mad when they find out about Rare’s logo.

4 Likes

What on earth is going on with the image you used for this? Did you just type “grand theft auto” into Midjourney and accept the first piece of visual vomit it spewed out?

4 Likes

Considering what they did with the “remastered”, it being a screenshot also wouldn’t surprise me.

2 Likes

So apparently it’s a better use of everyone’s time for Grant to not include images of the two logos, and instead make each individual reader look them up?

3 Likes

Interestingly, Remedy had to stop using its original logo in the '90s because it was too similar to LucasArts’ logo.

2 Likes

That and Lucas Arts seem a whole lot closer than the current to Rockstar.

1 Like

I agree with this statement on so many levels.

Literally one click away in the linked article:
Rockstar_vs_Remedy_hero

2 Likes

What’s so similar? They’d pretty much have to claim a trademark on the letter “R”, wouldn’t they?
(-‸ლ)

2 Likes

Better than being hit with a C&D from Rockstar for an illustration on an article reporting on how notoriously litigious Rockstar are…

1 Like

If you haven’t had a look at Alan Wake 2 yet, I’d recommend it. While it’s still an Alan Wake story, the FBC plays a big role in it. And Ahti is a major supporting character!

3 Likes

Couldn’t they gone with this and saved themselves the trouble?

1 Like

Would that get them sued by Capcom?

1 Like
1 Like

So, no dispute after all. However, Rockstar should still be embarrassed their logo sucks.

Was waiting for this comment.

When they make the tell-all movie about this incident, I can only hope it is rated R.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.