Rube Goldberg x Too Many Cooks = 20 Mechanical Principles combined in a Useless Lego Machine

Originally published at: Rube Goldberg x Too Many Cooks = 20 Mechanical Principles combined in a Useless Lego Machine | Boing Boing

3 Likes

If rotating a viking counts as “useless”, I’d like to see what “useful” is.

4 Likes

Playing with my kid’s Technic pieces made me realize how many new and varied parts have been created in the last 20 years. At one point I was like, dude I used to have to make this piece from 5 other pieces, and we didn’t even have the option of connecting things like this when I was a kid.

Yeah, I’m a little jealous.

4 Likes

It’s true- there and SO many cool Technic parts now. Slip clutches, dog clutches, synchros, shift forks, torque limiters, shock absorbers… not to mention the pneumatic stuff with valves, cylinders, pressure tanks, etc. There’s also electric linear actuators and all the Mindstorms stuff that is amazing. Way way more gear, axle, and coupler options now as well. It goes on and on.

A great time to be alive and a LEGO fan. :grin:

4 Likes

Just gonna jump in here to point out that there’s no legal or ethical bonds preventing you, yourself, from acquiring and playing with Technic.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.