Rural Ohio has you covered

corn or soybeans. Take your pick.

1 Like

Any word on where they keep their Nazi memorabilia for sale?

It’s a trap!

The city I grew up in (with a population of about 100,000) had public grazing for sheep and cattle, and a livestock market. My family raised chickens, pigs, goats and bees within walking distance of the city centre.

1 Like

In my part of the world, ‘rural’ looks like http://kbk.is-a-geek.net/bigpics/20130914twin_IMG_0228-IMG_0230/20130914twin_IMG_0228-IMG_0230.html - and that scene is a couple of hours’ drive (and about three hours of climbing) from New York City. I live farther Upstate, in a place that is unquestionably a medium-sized city (one of a cluster of small cities surrounding the state capital of Albany), and the feed&seed store (and the rod&gun store, and the outfitter) is just down the road. If you’re not in the sprawling suburbia of either coast or the Rust Belt, you can probably walk from City Hall to a cow pasture in less than half an hour, even in a town that people have heard of. Then again, to someone in Brooklyn, Yonkers looks rural.

We’d call that a “rural town” or more likely a “country town” or indeed a “market town”.

But 8,000 people? That’s a town in my language. YMMV.

2 Likes

Smarter option would be to head a few towns over to Athens for your beer and burrito fix. Casa Nueva and Jackie O’s.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.