Russian news goofed with premature article announcing victory over Ukraine

If Putin went down that route he’d probably call the larger units “republics”.

1 Like

It all depends on how fascist Putin feels when he writes Ukraines new constitution (if any), and redraws the administrative borders.

Exactly right. I doubt he’d bother making more than minor changes to the current oblasts beyond drawing the lines to make sure that Russian-speaking ones in the east call the shots in whatever sham democracy he would set up in the puppet republic (sort of like how the rural states have disproportionate power in the U.S.).

3 Likes
7 Likes

Keep in mind, the people writing this probably don’t have any kind of access to secret planning for what Putin intends. But they have been listening to Putin’s public statements closely and hanging on his every word and move. So this is probably a good view of what a well informed person thinks Putin wants and will do.

As is often the case, it looks like this war was sold on the premise that it would be short, and the occupation easy. As the fighting ramps up, the chances of an easy occupation become smaller and smaller.

2 Likes

Thanks. Threadreader version:

4 Likes

Not the first time that something like this has happened

Thread:

2 Likes

I say Return The Mongol Empire to the Khan!

Or maybe Restore the Holy Roman Empire!

ugh. Too close to the truth to be funny.

3 Likes

They did, that’s the EU

All hail Empress Ursula :crown:

3 Likes

one of his tweets really irked me.

If the term ‘Eurasia’ sounds familiar, it is perhaps because you’ll find it in Orwell’s 1984. For Dugin, however, this dystopian novel isn’t a warning - it’s a model to aspire to. 8/22

Perhaps you took a geography lesson to heart and learned the name of the largest continent.

If Dugin was reading Orwell, the atlanticists would be from oceania If Orwell was reading Dugin time travel would have played a role.

4 Likes

You know, that’s perhaps not the best possible time to imply that the EU is a clandestine operation of Germany to finally conquer the continent.

1 Like

If that is the plan, it isn’t working.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.