Scared actor pretends he likes riding on rollercoasters to shoot an ad

Wild mouse is such a terrible ride. I think it only got built so much because it’s a really compact roller coaster. Park managers got sold on it without realizing just how shitty it is.

2 Likes

It seems pretty unusual to have a loop without having the over the shoulder cages, isn’t it?

1 Like

I’m not sure why his fake happiness to be on the rollercoaster was better for the ad itself, the mix of joy and terror feels more real and more effective, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Ah. Channel 30 in Fresno. Knew someone who worked there, but I think he’s with a competitor in the same market.

1 Like

That looks similar to the WDW Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride, which is a fun, smooth ride which pulls you straight down slightly faster than gravity (secure your cap).

This was, in fact, previously The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride at Disney California Adventure. It was re-engineered back in 2017 as this Guardians of the Galaxy themed attraction.

1 Like

According to Youtube comments, this is Goliath at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL.

1 Like

Did you watch to the very very end?

Pretty mild compared to the newer rides at Cedar Point, for sure (been 5 years since we were last there). Looks fun, though! Still, it’s no Raptor. (Pretty much my favorite coaster. Evar. Will ride in front car 3 or so times in a row, if I can, before moving on.)

2 Likes

Props to the ad company, they got me to willingly watch their commercial

1 Like

I can’t go on any rollercoaster or similar ride. Within seconds my temperature rockets and I get nauseous - like, food poisoning, extreme stomach cramps nauseous. I feel like Roger Moore in that space training gyro thing in “Moonraker” when it’s pushed past the limit.
Don’t know why. I’m not consciously afraid, my old carcass just can’t cope I guess.

2 Likes

Yes.

Both the ad and the raw video. Did the triumphal music and slowed down footage at the end of the raw video achieve its purpose of trying to make you think he enjoyed it?

That said (and stuck by) I am reminded of visiting Disneyland Paris when my daughter was very small (5 or 6?) and she stood and watched the Thunder Mountain Railroad and was not at all sure she wanted to go on it, but in the end decided she would. I know my daughter and she was terrified - at first screaming blue murder (not screams of delight) and then just frozen. We walked off and she was uncharacteristically subdued and silent. Once we got out of the ride area and look back at it, I tentatively asked (thinking I knew the answer) ‘Did you like that, then?’

She slowly unfroze, smiled and then immediately said, excitedly, ‘can we go again?’

But I do not think this guy wanted to go again.

1 Like

The last 2 seconds of the ad gave me the impression they were implying that maybe he didn’t love it so much?

I see what you mean. But nobody viewing the ad in its intended habitat (i.e. who has not seen the raw video) would grok that from those last two seconds, I feel. And if they did, the smart-alec ‘creatives’ at the ad agency would say they were being intentionally ironic to add another wafer thin veneer of hip credibility to their shillage.

(Cynical? moi?)

Both y’all are talking about 2 completely different points in his timeline, so it’s possible both y’all get to win a prize here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.