Girl on a rollercoaster goes completely bonkers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/05/girl-on-a-rollercoaster-goes-c.html

11 Likes

Rollercoaster Bungee-ride Operator ‘Jim the Bungee-boy"’: “Mission accomplished.”

12 Likes

Uh, not technically a rollercoaster. I love rollercoasters. That’s one of those “super bungee” “rides”. You couldn’t pay me to get on one of those. Well… You would have to pay me A_LOT.

12 Likes

OMGWTF CANT HANDLE

•passes out•

•wakes up•

WHERE AM I ?? WHAT IS THIS THING?

Who is on this ride with me???

•looks•

Oh, HER.

20 Likes

while its borderline hilarious and I laughed out loud watching it multiple times in a row, I will never, ever understand why people are converting a video, which was probably less then 5-10 MB in size into a .gif 5 times bigger, without sound and far less quality than the video.

Edit/

great, thank you :grinning:

(wow. the actual ride is just hardly 20 seconds?!? oh well, hard times economy I guess)

10 Likes

•screams•

I AM DYING HERE! AND YOU LAUGH!

7 Likes

The full-length video is pretty interesting…the pass-out girl says she thinks she got a concussion…but her biggest complaint is “He didn’t even give us a fucking countdown!!!” The other girl worries that her “titties are going to pop out” (they don’t)

10 Likes

what. the. hell. She went a second time! unexpected.

11 Likes

Putting video cameras on rides like this was a stroke of merchandising genius.

23 Likes

has anyone mentioned this isn’t a roller coaster yet? it’s one of those slingshot thing-a-ma-bobs?

3 Likes

They’re actually a lot of fun but I hate paying for a ride when you paid to get into the amusement park. The park I would go to would discount the ride from time to time tho.

4 Likes

What I don’t understand is the lack of self-awareness. Like… how do you not know ahead of time whether this is something you will enjoy or not?

4 Likes

How wil you know you enjoy it unless you try it? Besides, enjoyment does not necessarily correlate with being able to handle the physiological effects of rapid acceleration, weightlessness, etc.

8 Likes

I know I wouldn’t like to be punched in the face or set on fire, and I’ve never tried those either.

12 Likes

And do enough people like those things that there is a business around selling the experience? no. But there is for this… so you know maybe it is fun?

4 Likes

Not half as funny as this guy.

15 Likes

I know I don’t like my balls getting stepped on but there’s a huge market for it.

17 Likes

But look at all the rolling! And the coasting!

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s a slingshot/springshot, an “extreme” ride, usually for an upcharge. A two-seater spherical rollcage tethered on each side to two towers. It’s magnetically bolted to the station while the tethers are pulled taut by a huge set of springs. The magnet’s released and it soars upwards, bouncing up and down with the dwindling potential energy and rolling semi-freely end over end.

I’ve ridden those a good number of times. It’s actually very silent and smooth. Keep your head back and, after you get used to the initial rush, it can be kind of relaxing and quiet up there once it settles down.

Oh, and it’s not even slightly a rollercoaster. Not even if you turn your head and squint.

11 Likes