Schiaparelli lander crash site

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/03/schiaparelli-lander-crash-site.html

Well, it’s about time we sent that pharmaceutical patent troll to crash on another planet.

9 Likes

Look, even if you don’t like her clothing, it’s unseemly to gloat over Elsa Schiaparelli crashing and burning.

4 Likes

Schiaparelli died doing what he loved.

5 Likes

self driving technology can’t even handle an empty planet

15 Likes

hey! it parked exactly in the middle of the white spots!

8 Likes

As that lander was meant to be a proof of concept–if the lander failed…to…land*, doesn’t that mean the system didn’t work? That the tech failed?

*Yes, yes, it didn’t fail to land, but it did fail to land properly.

6 Likes

it was called proof of concept before it crashed - now it’s a testbed and gave valuable informations for the next attempt

7 Likes

Well, now this is going to create a lot of confusion for the locals years from now.

“It’s over by Schiaparelli Crater. No, not that one, the other one!”

7 Likes

Another NASA sockpuppet account?
It is common knowledge that the lander did not crash – it was intentionally shot down by NASA and that the U.S. space agency has actually done the same thing to a number of other probes that were launched to find evidence of extraterrestrial life.

8 Likes

It’s like Texas when the directions the local gives you inevitably tell you to turn at the Old Walmart.

2 Likes
"I like landers that actually land..."

president trump wouldn’t take any guff from these egghead types!

4 Likes

Nah, Curiosity was just lonely.

3 Likes

I thought it was secretly to change Mars’ orbit so that it doesn’t crash into earth per Gary Johnson’s prediction.

(OK, Johnson was talking about the sun, but, come on, low-hanging fruit.)

3 Likes

unlikely. to the best of my knowledge NASA is a glorified film studio

4 Likes

Just a crashed weather balloon. Nothing to see here folks.

5 Likes

It landed sooner than expected.

3 Likes

Dude,

5 Likes

Sometimes you get pissed off, sometimes you get pissed on.

5 Likes