Scientists stunned by new findings about salt's effects on body

SCIENCE!!!

6 Likes

#Milk Bar

…but you don’t need a time machine to enjoy TIGER NUT MILK today…

…tony says, the process of making tiger nut milk is GREAT!!!

9 Likes

To make Americans thin?

1 Like

Germans too. A packet of salted nuts is tame compared to many dishes here. If everything published in the British media about the health risks of salt were true, Germany would be a barren, uninhabited wasteland.

2 Likes

It’s been a few years since the jury shifted on salt. Unless you are pre-disposed to high blood pressure (and there are numerous reasons why, but actually not a large population who are), salt has gotten a bad reputation.

Heck, up until the advent of Gatorade, salt tablets were common for people who engaged in regular physical activity…now athletic people get the added “bonus” of day-glo colors and 100-200 calories of sugar water with their salt.

I’m not suggesting adding a ton of salt to stuff (though, who knows based on this recent info), but avoiding it is pointless unless you are in an at-risk group.

Somehow, avoiding salt if you have high blood pressure morphed into avoiding salt or you will get high blood pressure.

As an aside, a keto diet incorporates a larger than recommended intake of salt, partially due to an increased (for many people) intake of water.

3 Likes

More doctors recommend my brand than the other.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Wow, this really works people, after only 1 day on “the potato chip” diet i lost ALL THE WEIGHT.

#BEFORE

#AFTER

6 Likes

Actually that’s an entirely reasonable statement. Some of the finest cosmonauts are Russian while others might as well be Tuvan or Tatar or Bashkir or any of a whole bunch of other ethnic groups Russia has. I think their defense minister is Tuvan fr’instance.

3 Likes

Also salt, rubbing alcohol, and a good shake clean out a bong like no one’s business.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.