Screenwriters share the deranged comments they get from Hollywood people

Apropos of nothing, but

and

are based on the same source material.

2 Likes

It was brilliant of Scott Adams to include his email address in the last frame. Increasing syndication brought exponentially more ideas from real workplaces. His book, “The Dilbert Principle” is full of real stories he’d received, most hilarious. But some were so dysfunctionally similar to behaviors in our office I had to sometimes take a break from reading.

5 Likes

There’s this thing where they have to piss on it to let everyone know it’s theirs.

5 Likes

Sent http://whatever.scalzi.com/2014/12/22/script-notes-on-the-birth-of-jesus/ to my sister. She’s a Christian, but she did find Christopher Moore’s Lamb: The Gospel According To Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal pretty funny.

2 Likes

I thought that’s what an MBA was, actually. Asshole school!
[/quote]

That worked out quite well for W., didn’t it.

1 Like

There is no wife. Continue.

12 Likes

Not a specific class, it’s more of a gestalt thing, i think.

1 Like

“Ohhh, yeeessss!!”

2 Likes

This just in. Writers not getting any respect in spite of being a fundimental layer of other media.

‘Oh it’s just writing how hard can it be’ is something I’ve gotten… a lot.

‘I’m not a reading person. Books aren’t my thing.’

And so on.

1 Like

The breaking point on Dilbert, for me, was realizing that Scott Adams wasn’t laughing along with us in a “oh, isn’t this world we all have to live in so absurd!?” way, but in a “Ha ha, you assholes are still stuck in this Hell!” way.

Then he started talking about gender, race and politics…

6 Likes

Where could I read about that? Was it covered in ‘The Dilbert Principle’?

1 Like

I’m mostly going off stuff from his blog a decade ago.

1 Like

Ah. It’s google time.

It is! Not on NBC though. The whole premise is that the main character (who is an A-type personality, working to become a doctor, etc) gets turned into a zombie and ends up working in the morgue for the police. As long as she eats brains from time to time, she doesn’t act like a zombie. But the side effect is that she sort of takes on their personality traits and she gets flashes of their memory (making it perfect for solving crimes). Naturally, she ends up working with a cop, telling him she’s a psychic, not a zombie. Not sure if this constitutes spoilers, but it might…

It’s not nearly as serious as the Walking Dead (which I’m currently rewatching), but it’s fun and has lots of witty dialogue.

3 Likes

He was president! And now he’s a painter. So yeah, I kind of did!

2 Likes

Google Scott Adams’ political positions at your own risk.

(Warning: he’s a Trump supporter and apparently a downright awful human being. But I repeat myself.)

9 Likes

I had been avoiding this show, but I caught part of an episode last week. Actually, I didn’t immediately click away because of what you’ve said about it. I think I might give it a go from the beginning. You know, assuming I can find it to stream from the start.

2 Likes

It’s on Netflix, if that helps. I do enjoy it.

3 Likes

That’ll do it! It’s fantastic, in fact.

1 Like

I shall approach it carefully, as if it was radioactive.

6 Likes