Second largest NFT marketplace apparently 87% wash trading

Pretty much any time I hear the word Libertarian I substitute ‘self-centered sociopath’. If it is ‘staunch Libertarian’ I think “*!&#^@ self-centered sociopath”.

3 Likes

Fake it till ya make it baybee!

1 Like

I have a customer who is interested in getting in on the NFT biz. I hope they are thinking it’s a brief opportunity to print money using their brands, and not something they are going to spend a lot of money building capabilities for.

But the funny thing is they see it as part of a gaming strategy. I can at least get behind virtual goods - it’s a smallish but growing market, and one that doesn’t require the blockchain. Ubisoft doesn’t get it.

1 Like

Does your client really understand the future ramifications of being associated with this slowly unfolding fraud? Eventually they’ll come out of it looking like either chumps or scammers. Neither is something I’d want associated with my brand.

2 Likes

I really don’t know. It’s above my pay grade, that conversation. (Or more accurately, out of scope)

3 Likes

I’m in the middle of watching Line Goes Up…getting through it slowly…it’s long, but mostly good.

He’s got a good knack for describing the complex parts in lay terms. What I don’t like is that occasionally he slips in a bit of editorializing as if it’s fact. For example, while discussing the (mostly) men drawn to buying NFTs, he calls them pathetic and gullible people (among other things). I don’t disagree, but they are still opinions (unless he’s done some sort of massive analysis of the communities that he didn’t share). These points just undermine the great work he’s done and make it easier for people who disagree with him to just dismiss him.

Still worth watching, though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.