NFT trading volume "down 99%" at top marketplace

Originally published at: NFT trading volume "down 99%" at top marketplace | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Are we watching the Beanie Baby crash,

17 Likes

More like a Beanie Baby ghost crash, but yes.

10 Likes

And yet somehow these things still have nominal value. I’d like to sell some NFTs of some WTFs.

7 Likes

And still grotesquely overvalued…

6 Likes

Just three months ago Forbes was presenting the lack of women investing in NFTs as a bad thing rather than a sign that maybe women weren’t as collectively impulsive and stupid as their male counterparts.

24 Likes

A little bit off topic… at the beginning of the Russian Military Invasion of Ukraine, fearful that Russian Billionaires would dump all their assets into crypto, I invested $100 in BTC, and pledged to donate any earnings to organizations helping the Ukrainians.

But instead of riding a wave of amazing and untraceable and mostly un-taxable income, my grand investment is now $44. I don’t know how Coinbase and all the other big crypto firms are planning on staying afloat.

8 Likes

They won’t be able to. I think it’s proven to be primarily a kind of ponzi scheme, and it sucks that you got screwed over by it. I’m sorry.

12 Likes

You can’t even cuddle an NFT, so it’s objectively worse.

26 Likes

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

5 Likes

Crypto Ice Age.

4 Likes

homer simpson trombone GIF

5 Likes

So, there’s a whole lot less money laundering going on then?

7 Likes

during a downturn that’s been dubbed “crypto winter,”

Here’s hoping it’s a nuclear winter that leads to a mass extinction.

2 Likes

So people have woken up to the scam aspect. about time.

2 Likes

“WTF?! - Since 1620.”

10 Likes

nft

21 Likes

There needs to be a version of this meme, but for men:

confused unbreakable kimmy schmidt GIF

5 Likes

crazy ex-girlfriend ugh GIF

:woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

NPR ran the same type of story this morning. When they started bemoaning the fact that minorities weren’t lapping up crypto scams, I turned it off.

5 Likes