NFT trading volume "down 99%" at top marketplace

NFT trading volume “down 99%” at top marketplace

On the plus side, there’s still at least one marketplace.

1 Like

“Despite being a viral sensation, research shows only 16% of teens have eaten a Tide Pod. We just can’t wrap our heads around why it’s not more!”

6 Likes

Not all women.

https://www.cn-n.com/2022/08/30/politics/melania-trump-mar-a-lago-search/index.html

While trading something of negligible value based on image alone is pretty on brand for Melania, it’s at least less dubious by a couple orders of magnitude than her husband’s post presidential career of bilking supporters for cash with not even imaginary goods exchanged, sidelines of selling state secrets for cash, and his hobby of overthrowing democracy

1 Like

Yes if Beanie Babies had sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars (did they? maybe they did)

They should have shared that article on Twitter with a clapback ":clap: More :clap: female :clap: scammers :clap: "

1 Like

Let’s hope it’s the NFT and crypto deathmarch.

2 Likes

This article’s up at google news :smiley:

ETA:

10 Likes

I always found the collecting part of NFTs a joke imo. I mean when you collect baseball cards, beanie babies, and so on you still have those things even if they’re not highly sought after or valued. Whereas with NFTs you have this digital record for a thing and nothing else. Wow, so you really can’t enjoy the thing you thought you bought.

3 Likes

The fact that NFT values are quoted in Ether, as if that somehow bestows credibility, is extra amusing.

4 Likes

Morning Edition is the worst. I used to wake up to it, but after getting cranky hearing several of their shitty interviews that left outright lies unchallenged I stopped listening to that program and have since drifted away from all other NPR content, too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.