Secretly snapping pix up a woman's skirt A-OK in Georgia

Article is weirdly gendered! Why “women’s skirts” instead of simply “skirts”? One might not even know what sort of genitals are under the skirt unless they check - not that it is any of their business!

4 Likes

unless you can hear the swish of the dicks

From what I understand the excitement is not from the content of the picture, but from the non-consensual invasion of random womens’ privacy.

In my opinion that’s not boring…it’s disturbing.

11 Likes

This doesn’t have anything to do with the “Peach State” nickname, does it?

It has been said* that clothing is the smallest form of architecture.

“…observe, photograph or record the activities of another which occur in any private place and out of public view." But read the last part closely — the defendant acted in a public place, so the law didn’t apply.

While the defendant may have acted in a public place, I would say that the activities of the other which were photographed were occurring in a private place.

Which brings up thoughts about the homeless…Must one be inside a building to have privacy? Is not the space inside one’s own clothes private??

*I thought I had once seen that attributed to Alessandro Mendini, but I can’t find anything about it at the moment.

8 Likes

That pervert is certainly no gentleman.

1 Like

No “Devil went down to Georgia” jokes?
Disappointing.

2 Likes

Weisberger has it covered:

8 Likes

You say potato…

6 Likes

i don’t think those are potatoes!

11 Likes

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would want to snap upskirt pics?
Is it the thrill of the hunt?
Is it knowing you are doing something naughty and getting away with it?
Is it manbaby way of getting back at women?
Is it a panties thing or thighs thing?
Or some combination of the above or something else?

I photograph birds as a hobby and I know the thrill of a good shot of a moving target so I kinda get that part, but the rest is bewildering me. Can these people not find a non invasive sexist way to get their kicks?

3 Likes

As is often said about rape, i don’t think it’s a sex thing, I think it’s a power thing. And utterly repulsive.

10 Likes

There are weirder cases of people being naked in their own homes and neighbors complaining. Or the reverse - people being naked inside their homes but where non-invasive folks could see them (huge window type thing) and someone took pics and their claimed their privacy was invaded. Doesn’t help that every state is different.

1 Like

Probably some or all of those things. Who knows how or why some fetishes form. I don’t get foot worship or shoe worship either. But I guess you are into what you’re into.

I imagine there is plenty of “legit” up skirt shots one would never have to go out and find their own, but of course the image is probably only half the thrill.

Why is a short skirt considered sexier than a long skirt? What is going on with that scene in Basic Instinct and Sharon Stone’s skirt? I’m pretty sure the answer is somewhere in there.

Bed skirts, skirt steaks, skirting the issue…you know, a lot of room for confusion…

:smirk:

1 Like

It seems clear enough to me. I thought that the issue was simply the principle that people expect to not be photographed under their clothes - moreso than what kind of body the clothes might conceal.

1 Like

Because they aren’t worn with a sporran?

As you wish.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.