Self-immolating edition of Fahrenheit 451

[Permalink]

The story is about suppressing ideas, and about how television
destroys interest in reading literature.

I always thought it was kind of amusing that Bradbury gave his blessing to that decidedly so-so 1966 film adaptation, yet was livid about the idea of his story being read on a Kindle. He was a quirky old luddite, that one.

2 Likes

A strike ā€˜anywhereā€™ match and a striking surface on the spineā€¦ okaaay.

3 Likes

Yeah, and every strike anywhere Iā€™ve ever used has a white tip on top.

ETA: I think Cory just made up that part about being strike-anywhere. Or at least, such a thing isnā€™t mentioned anywhere in the actual source link.

1 Like

You can burn film easier?

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for my waterproof edition of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and my miniature edition of The Borrowers! I already got my special edition of The Invisible Man, but I just canā€™t seem to find it.

4 Likes

1984 with built-in wireless camera system.

3 Likes

Spine doth meth.

I used to be into these sorts of editions, but I just got too paranoid after being constantly monitored and told how to go about my business by my copy of 1984.

2 Likes

Probably should have read one post further before replying aboveā€¦

1 Like

Swan vestas are ā€˜strike anywhereā€™ and donā€™t have a white tip- just red throughout. Iā€™ve never seen a match with a white tip, but then Iā€™m not especially well travelled, nor currently a smoker.

1 Like

A few potentially inappropriate Special Edition Classics:

A Clockwork Orange
Frankenstein
Of Mice and Men
Hamlet

1 Like

Flashpaper pages would have been a nice touch, but safety would have been an issue.

1 Like

Would the people complaining about the usage of the word ā€œstrike anywhereā€ please take their medication. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.