Senator Feinstein contradicts her office on the whole not running for re-election thing

A sad and confusing situation, to be sure, however, the latest (?) via twitter ([sigh]) via CNN is that Senator Feinstein herself has stated that she isn’t running again:

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein has announced that she will not run for reelection in 2024

cnn.com
Dianne Feinstein announces she won’t run for reelection in 2024 | CNN Politics
Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein announced on Tuesday that she will not run for reelection in 2024.

2 Likes

I got an email from her office about it today. This is so sad. I voted for her every time (I’m old), but now I wish she would retire, and as several people have said, Newsom should appoint Katie Porter.

6 Likes

This is sad. I hope she has family that can talk to her. I know her husband passed last year.

Regardless- she won’t survive a primary challenge. It will be a rout - and terrible way to go out.

10 Likes

The idea that she could be representing California for two more years is somewhat terrifying. Unfortunately, the Constitution apparently has no mechanism for recalling senators.

1 Like

My mother has reached this stage. Thankfully we were able to stop her driving while she still had the wherewithal to understand it and (grudgingly) gave over her keys.

Now she will go on emotional rants about imagined slights, cursing out the people trying to help her, and 15 min. later deny having ever said a cross word in her life and be completely offended at the mere suggestion that she raised her voice in any way.

She’s 9 years younger than Feinstein.

Feinstein was a groundbreaker and powerful political force, MOSTLY for good. That hasn’t been true for at least her last two terms. The current one has been especially sad and awful.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.