Senators engage in a bipartisan attempt to go viral

Originally published at: Senators engage in a bipartisan attempt to go viral | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’d like to see Ticketmaster dragged into the street and burned on a pile of tires as much as the next internet fungus; but I can’t help be a bit unimpressed when it’s mostly crickets for years of (generally depressing) news regarding heavy consolidation and movement toward oligopoly-adjacent conditions across multiple sectors and ongoing chipping away at antritrust regulation; but when Taylor Swift tickets are on the line, well, suddenly things have gotten real and everyone cares a whole lot.

18 Likes

Ok, fun and all. But unless they break up this demonic company I won’t be impressed.

11 Likes

I can’t believe how often I find myself inventing a machine with a bunch of motorised rubber hands to slap hundreds of people at once

5 Likes

Robot GIF by NowThis

6 Likes

Legislators in a number of places passed laws that made scalperbots a police criminal matter, rather than a Ticketmaster business problem, ensuring nothing happens because the bots track back through too many international jurisdictions to be worth swatting the flies.

The list of which legislators backed those laws would be nice.

Meanwhile, the current problems are “everyone else’s fault”. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Ticketmaster’s ex-CEO is right. The game was called Monopoly for a reason.
I’m not arguing any of that is good by the way.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.