Senior sues police for breaking his prosthetic arm

Can confirm. 89% crazy.

I am perfectly content with the dark skies of Maine, Canada, Nevada, California, the Dakotas, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon, well, I can go on, but there are a lot of dark skies a lot closer to where I am or filled with nicer people not settled by a cult leader.

3 Likes

So, I guess it really is true. You can never go home again.

3 Likes

I periodically read the police blotter for my town. Every arrest basically starts with a broken tail light.

One time coming home from a long trip they pulled in behind me and trailed me two blocks to the house. Then rolled down the windows to give me a warning that my tail light was out.

Needless to say I make sure my tail lights are always working (spare bulbs in the glove compartment for everything really) and take a different route from where they typically lie in wait at the bank. I appreciate the spirit of the thing but the actuality is that they go too far. Iā€™d probably get some leeway if I put a bumper sticker for the local high school football team or something for camouflage, but to hell with them.

3 Likes

Oh, I have the desire, I just need to skip Arches and the Grand Canyon. My loss until they turn things around down there.

Iā€™m content just with being able to see the milky way from the drive of our home. But good quality dark sky is only a 2km tramp into bush or a 20km drive away. And then thereā€™s Tekapo International Dark Sky Reserve ā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes

Police blotter is always a bummer - I prefer liquid!

4 Likes

Arenā€™t there any governors or attorney generals or justice department officials or presidents or vice presidents or anyone at all with some sort of power in the country noticing all this police brutality going on? From forced colonoscopies to fatal choke holds to pepper sprayed bypassers to broken prostheses to babiesā€™s faces blown apart to lots and lots and lots of children and adults shot dead for no reason? Isnā€™t anyone with the power to DO SOMETHING noticing, or is just us powerless peons?

5 Likes

Well yeah, but all your skies are upside down down there!

1 Like

I have to admit that ā€œnewā€ constellations and seeing the familiar ones by the horizon ā€˜upside downā€™ was a bit odd to start with. As was the ā€˜man in the moonā€™ becoming an obvious rabbit ā€¦ But looking mostly in at the Milky Way instead of mainly out is ample compensation. :smile:

4 Likes

Gentlemen Broncos
Filmed in Utah

Well, to be fair, the police are generally more polite here too. The unarmed part, though, not so much. Iā€™m still boggled every time I see a Fish & Game warden with a pistol on one hip, a taser on the other, and wearing what looks like a bulletproof life jacket. Because, you know, criminals.

And as far as this story goes, I really really hope thereā€™s several critical details missing here.

1 Like

no shit! America could be a paradise if people could just bribe police officers not to kill or maim them.

Ever got jumped by an armed deer? They are getting fed up by being shot at and unable to shoot back.

And thatā€™s nothing in comparison to the fish!

2 Likes

Having to take a different route home to avoid the police just might be an indicator that something is wrong with the society you live in. Iā€™ll stay in Canada, thank you.

2 Likes

The police are serving their masters well. Expect no reaction from the seats of power until us peons hit the streets en masse, or one of the elites is exposed to the level of service normally reserved for proles.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.