"She flung her anus high up in the air..." and other OCR mistakes

That would, of course, be ‘anusageddon’.

1 Like

mmmm … but Microsoft Sbellchequer^ wouldn’t pick any of those things up as mistakes, for exactly the reason you say. What I mean is that the author could have mis-typed that in the original, and never had it picked up during proofing or editting.^^

^ vorgs grate!
^^ although OCR is probably a more likely sauce.

These days books are stored electronically. But these copies have often been OCR’ed and then obviously not corrected. car/ear arm/anus etc are hard to catch. You’d have to read the book or check at least all sentences which contain words in it.

Before that, books where often stored as printing plates.

Quite a few books lost that way, when those plates got recycled.

1 Like

Yes, but extracting the text from old existing files is usually not that hard. You’ll probably lose a lot of formatting, but text retrieval is usually possible.

5 Likes

There’s an old saying that opinions are like assholes: everybody’s got one, and nobody thinks theirs stinks.

I’ve heard a variation of that same saying with “armpits”. Apparently there are times when they are interchangeable.

1 Like

I see the error. It should be “His anus around her waist.”

I’m just really glad no one is here to see the hysterical laughter I broke into reading about “fireanuses”

1 Like

They just need to disable the Aristocrats converson subroutine.

2 Likes

I must have missed it: Someone else also thought of Creed’s “With Arms Wide Open,” right? Or “Hold Me In Your Arms?”

Or Cutting Crew’s “(I Just) Died in Your Arms”.

1 Like

Furries are the true defenders of the constitution, taking very seriously their enshrined right to Bear anus.

I’m reading an OCR’d version of Dante’s Paradiso and in many cases a blessed soul whose flame “burns” instead “bums.” It’s rather distracting.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.