Slashing taxes for the rich won't help America, and Trump probably can't do that anyway

I have to pay the IRS tens of thousands of dollars this year, and I never once thought of it of pissing in the wind. However, there are a lot of people that don’t think the government gives them anything and that they earned every penny they make and everyone is mooching off them - only for the same people to admit that they are more interested in the GOP winning elections than lowering their personal healthcare costs with a better system.

3 Likes

The US is still a huge consumer… of junk made in China. You may have missed the part about manufacturing abroad in my post.

In other words, we need a progressive as opposed to a regressive tax system, which is what we’re going to get under Trump and the GOP.

I do agree. I’m a commie, too! :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t see myself as a commie. I’m a practical capitalist. If we let capitalism run unregulated it will eat itself. If you destroy your consumers chasing profits your system will eventually collapse, your profits will disappear, and eventually even the most elaborate enclave will fall to the masses of pitchforks. What goes on now is they all gamble that won’t happen in their lifetime. Its our job to convince them its nearly upon them. Thats getting easier to do.

2 Likes

I was making a joke. I wasn’t seriously suggesting you’re a commie. I was suggesting that some people on the right believe that any form of taxation, especially progressive taxation, is communism and that’s the argument they make to justify taxing the poor and middle class more than the rich (as a percentage of their income).

I’m probably much closer to a commie than a capitalist.

3 Likes

I got it…

1. Corporations/rich want their taxes reduced.

2. Corporations/rich influence Congress.

3. Trump’s cries to slash taxes for the corporations/rich could further ‘empower’, ‘energize’ and ‘focus’ corporations/rich in their influencing of Congress.

4. Result: Conclusions of investigations into Trump and Co. are only superficially (or not) acted on by Congress.

Our tax dollars at work.

Oh. Okay. Seemed like you didn’t. Carry on, then!

1 Like

I’d add that along with this is people who encourage policies that force “Self-Reliance” are making a straw man argument for the same disregard and disdain for their fellow humans, and are equally unkind, un-Christian, and so on…

3 Likes

I’m not particularly interested in a tax cut for the rich.

But at our middle class (barely six figures) income level, we did get somewhat of a tax cut from GWB.

I am still waiting for the middle class tax cuts I was promised by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

I can tell you for sure that when a rich person cashes out 50K in capital gains it’s taxed at a rate lower than a teacher earning 50K.

1 Like

Plus the broader economic effect, growing the economy overall. Rich people save, poor people spend; money in motion drives economic activity. A dollar in the pocket of a worker is more valuable than a dollar in the banks of the bosses.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.