Snapchat removes ad that asks people if they would like to "Slap Rihanna"

This ad was supposed to go on their sister site, Slapchat.

1 Like

All my ads are for Dodge trucks.

I’m sure it is unrelated to my small , erhmmm, ‘condition’.

That’ll never work as a pickup line.

5 Likes

new-rimshot-gif-420

3 Likes

Yeah it seems like the older a comic gets, the more their bits seem to reflect some self therapy.

1 Like

With a lot of the small apps you have no choice about what ads you run, what shows up on the screen is what the ad network gives you. Snapchat is probably large enough that they could actually vet what ads are run.

1 Like

1 Like

Rihanna told her 60 million followers to delete Snapchat after this incident.

The result: yesterday Snap’s stock dove and they lost appx. $600 million in market cap.

4 Likes

What about the “Would your rather” app? That is the one that MADE the actual ad. :confused:

Still I can understand Rihanna’s ire.

1 Like

Oh, no argument, I’m sure that Snap will be taking their ire out on those guys. But according to the stories about the incident, Snap vets all of the ads they serve up on their app, so this ad was approved and OK’d by their staff; they don’t auto-serve ads based on user browsing data or anything.

2 Likes

The ones of that sort are always after I do some research on something I want to get and then I will get ads for said type of product for months after I have purchased it… which is pointless.

2 Likes

Well if that is true, then yeah, they deserve it too.

1 Like

Not with the quality if things these days. They know you might need to buy it again in 3 months.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.