Sous vide blackened salmon fillets

Sous vide makes cooking times irrelevant.
The product will never reach a higher temperature than the water.
Not today, not next week. However, when preparing lesser cuts of meat (psst… the tasty ones) the longer the time in the bath the more broken down connective tissue, the more both tender and yummy. The connective tissue is the good bit.

Alternatively you can try making fish soup or home made sushi. Also curious if you ever tried to bake fish? I had done so in the past with relatively decent success (considering i winged it and didn’t use a recipe). But wish i had a sous vide, this looks amazingly good though i’m not totally sure how much i would be motivated to use it as i mainly eat vegetarian.

Yep. Proper C/C version has to pretty much set off one’s smoke alarms (unless one has a VERY powerful range hood).

2 Likes

I take it off at yellow beep and it’s perfect every time.

Yup. That is the miracle of vide cooking. Start with Pork Chops, (best you will ever have), Chicken breasts (come out tender).

Then move to the cheaper cuts of roast beef. Cook 'em long (6hrs) and they will
come out like filet mignon.

Either sear the meat with a butane torch… or in a hot frying pan after the vide.
Makes a wonderful dinner.

3 Likes

I like to think of them as a protein side dish at no extra cost.

2 Likes

I recognize your post as a worthy contribution to the thread; but there is no way I’m going to be able to ‘like’ it.

Filthy annelids always take my right back to System Shock 2.

The problem is the ones where the feeling is mutual(or involves thinking of you as a protein main course).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.