Spielberg to direct Ready Player One movie

I dunno. My personal record for binge-watching is knocking out the first three seasons of 24 in less than 72 hours (at work, to boot).

1 Like

For me all the 80s references were half the fun, and it didn’t distract since it was really the central driving force of the story. I actually liked the relationships of the characters quite a bit too.

I just hope Spielberg’s in more of his “Indiana Jones” mode than (glurp) his “Terminal” one.

1 Like

Funnily enough, whilst reading the book I kept thinking it’d probably make a good film, and kept picturing it as such. I’ll be interested to see how it turns out.

(Also, I’m another in the “the '80s references are starting to grate a bit” camp.)

Oh, it was fun, don’t get me wrong. Except I can’t turn off the analytical engineer brain of mine that kept screaming in my ear, "Wade’s watched nearly 50 different TV shows to completion and heard almost all the music of the 80s and read numerous books and played classic and advanced D&D and was an expert at almost every 80s video game… and he’s only 16 or 17 (born August 12, 2027, book takes place 2044). and only started the fascination with the 80s within the past few years… "

I can’t turn off the fact that this kid became an expert in all things eighties in shorter time than the actual decade itself. Stupid brain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.