Spinal implants enable three paralyzed people to walk again

Originally published at: Spinal implants enable three paralyzed people to walk again | Boing Boing

11 Likes

If humanity can just squeeze by the next few decades the future looks astonishingly bright. What an age of miracles.

17 Likes

Got my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: too.

7 Likes

10 Likes

You put it much more eloquently than I would have. My response after watching was: take that, you fucking anti-science nut jobs!

3 Likes

Yeah, if we can get rid of our racism, misogyny, ablism, various other isms, and fear of a society where wealth has some distribution, and do things like fully support a robust k-16 public education, and invest in our public infrastructure, and treat collective challenges like that instead of as politically divisive events… we might be okay… I agree that this kind of use of technology to actually improve people’s lives gives me hope, but only when they are readily available for all, rather than those who can afford to pay.

7 Likes

Hell yeah Camina Drummer.

Now we just need James Holden’s anti-cancer-nanomeds implant and those jars of special gel that allow people to regrow amputated limbs.

3 Likes

Anti-science nut jobs would count this as the power of prayer:

3 Likes

That’s cool and all but honestly I was more impressed with the fact that Drummer was able to cobble together a workable set of robotic exoskeleton legs with just the random parts that happened to be within reach of her bed. Quite the badass.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.