Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View is a rewarding retelling

Originally published at: Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View is a rewarding retelling | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The best part about it (I mean, apart from the stories themselves of course, which are all wonderful) is that they didn’t “rush” the other two anthologies, which they could have done, but instead were willing to wait for their respective anniversaries as well. That feels dangerous radical, these days.

1 Like
10 Likes

I enjoyed reading this book. A few of my favorites were Daniel Lavery’s letter from an empire middle-manager to HR for getting force-choked by Darth Vader during a meeting, the cruddy day from the storm trooper who bumps his head on a door, the mouse droid who is almost getting stepped on all the time, and Griffin McElroy’s (perhaps overwrought) Jawa piece.

4 Likes

Having seen the film in 1977 as a young child, I have vivid memories of waiting for the Stormtroopers to burst through the back of the theater, waiting in line for The Return of the Jedi , and spending too much of other people’s money on toys. The stories are

…the stories are what? Don’t leave me hanging here!

5 Likes
6 Likes

“These are not the stories you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along>”

5 Likes

The audiobook version is obnoxiously full of beeps and boops and very distracting sounds. I couldn’t even finish it, but I suppose the print book would solve that problem.

1 Like

I’m afraid all I remember about Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View was that Aunt Buru was again relegated to the one role anyone can ever seem to imagine for her, blue-milkmaid.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.