StoryAI, a bot that autocompletes a story for you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/27/storyai-a-bot-that-autocomple.html

3 Likes

Yeah, no thanks, I’ve already found the only Storybots for me

4 Likes

19 Likes

Quit dillydallying around Boing Boing and get back to work! Go go! Move move! Now!

2 Likes

This appears to be an email harvesting site to me. As much as I’d like to see how it completes my story “There was a loud knock on the door. I opened it and standing there was a tall, thin alien. It said it was hungry and asked me to make it a grilled cheese sandwich. I invited the alien in and made the sandwich. It ate the sandwich, then ate my hands,” I don’t really want to enter my email.

5 Likes

Endorsed by both Barbara Cartland AND R.L.Stine! Double-endorsed by the Law & Order writing team!

You too can write 250 books with the same plot!

1 Like

Evidently it has been a victim of its success. I got nada for my attempt. Site has prolly crashed - or the robot is only working US office hours?

Update: Got my result. Total garbage.

2 Likes

How’s this different from Talk To Transformer, an earlier autocompleting thingy using GPT-2?

Oh NO.

“I am so, so sorry for this, but I discovered that by typing a sexy first sentence, you can make AI bots write the worst erotica imaginable.”

3 Likes

A storybot will be perfect for filling in biographies once “displaced by automation; thence penury and unto Soylent green” becomes too common an obituary to keep running over and over.

Here at AlgoDyne Capital Partners, we like to think that our industry-leading “Telling Your Life Story™” initiative keeps a human touch in human obsolescence.

3 Likes

I just use Talk to Transformer and got a way superior result. Superior but still unuseable. Sorta like artworks painted by an elephant. It’s art, but not as we know it Jim.

I got zilch.

I fed it the first few lines from Tale Of Two Cities and got this:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.