Study tracking people who ate zombie deer meat found no ill-effects, so far

YOU!

5 Likes

BRAINZZZ

2 Likes

It turns out that children’s publishers are not interested in “Zambi: The Outbreak Begins”. Imagine my disappoint.

4 Likes

Been away for a while, have you?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Vienna-son waits for you.

1 Like

Pretty common where I live in northern Canada too, caribou head soup is many people’s favorite.

2 Likes

So since it’s known that CJD takes years/ decades to reach the point of manifestation of symptoms, why not follow up with these potentially infected people like, um, in 2018 rather than only 6 years later? Why also publish this article 5 years after the fact? Hmmm

1 Like

Cornetto.

I have family pretty far up in Norway, lots of tasty reindeer dishes.

The area where I hunt requires CWD testing for elk and deer. You drop the animal’s head by the DOW, and a week later you get the results.

Like someone else said, you want to prevent mixing CNS tissue with the meat. When I see hunters severing an elk in two I wince. Of course, there are the folks who think prions are a made up conspiracy.

1 Like

I’m assuming that Public Health didn’t accept the original “Incipient Prion Husks Walk Among Us; Undetectable” title?

3 Likes

Catchy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.