Teletubbies set to Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/17/teletubbies-set-to-stravinsky.html

8 Likes

I wonder how that works with the Blade Runner theme?

9 Likes

:scream:

7 Likes

Praise, Sol Invictus!

Actually, seeing the slightly slo-mo bits really reminded me of 1960’s Godzilla.

7 Likes

I was impressed by this take:

9 Likes

I don’t feel like it adds anything. Teletubbies was already the most visceral vision of purgatory ever created.

8 Likes

Time to riot!

3 Likes

That’s a perfect match for those creepy buggers.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Teletubies’ll mayk yr kidz gay!!!

It’s the pro-choice one that is gay, right?
Get your freak on, get your freak on.

Toe taps.

1 Like

This is very good. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Well, that’s tonight’s nightmare sorted.

2 Likes

The music is from the part where the young virgin (to be sacrificed to a sun god) is forced to dance herself to death. Unhappily, that fate did not befall the Teletubbies.

4 Likes

Thanks. I was confused as to why something relating to springtime was so sinister.

2 Likes

If you haven’t yet, the ballet is worth a watch (one of only a couple of classic ballets that I enjoy, this one being my favorite). The best version (see below) offers by far the most accurate reconstruction of the original choreography (no ‘standard’ balletic moves employed… which is part of what angered many at the time), sets, and wardrobe; a labor of love. The excellent bonus portion explains the aforementioned, and includes comments regarding the “riots”. Also included is the same dance company performing (also with great accuracy) Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite. YT might have excerpts from all this; I haven’t checked.

5 Likes

That must take a long time. I used to dance to hours of speedcore back when Teletubbies were popular, and I survived.

2 Likes

I prefer the Die Antwood version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy5wpB8uT7Y

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.