Terabyte laptop SSDs for $435!

The last few Seagate external USB 3.0 drives I was sent have that same removable adaptor on the back. The main drive is still cased up so you can’t just slot it into a drive bay but I doubt there’d be much effort involved getting it out. It came in handy when I wanted to poke around in a PS3 2.5" drive but didn’t have an enclosure handy.

2 Likes

I’m a little embarrassed to mention that I never realized until recently that the adapter was a micro(?) SATA adapter until I saw someone use it that way. I don’t deal with bare drives much and just thought the connector was some sort of proprietary seagate connector. :smile:

over wireless lines.

2 Likes

SSD because it’s still a virtual block device which drives all over its 1D blockspace to keep cache full of what it more and more knows you want next. Plus, SSD covers MLF (flash, surely rendered in ROW as multi-instance-level-flash,) phase-change, magnetic and spin tech until the market can make nicer stabs at distinction. Perhaps as MicroNokia 44mpixel images (1in. sensor…) top out the storage bag quicker and will incite a bit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.