Tesla patents "Full Self Sanitizing" taxis

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/01/tesla-patents-full-self-sanitizing.html

5 Likes

20 Likes

Aren’t these fine devices known for locking their owners inside? and as proof of pure nerd bona-fides: there was a star trek (STNG) where folks were trying to avoid the sanitizing sweep aboard the ship

13 Likes

You gotta know where to have your vehicle cleaned, that much is sure.

4 Likes

hah! Danke.
“Ich bin Eiche.” …is(t) that really “Groot” auf Deutsch?
(now i need '“I am Groot” in forty-three languages’)

addendumdum: apparently it is “Ich bin Groot” in German, but “Eiche” is ‘oak’ so that’s funnier.

3 Likes

Tesla patents Full Self Sanitizing

No. They filed a patent application.
Here’s a link: WIPO - Search International and National Patent Collections

3 Likes

Where is Albert Einstein when you need him…

2 Likes

Sure, Einstein worked in the patent office, but he was spending his time working on his side hustle.

3 Likes

… and catching fire?

Very sanitary :fire:

8 Likes

Patents are for the weak" - Elon Musk

just use some poor fuckers somewhere on the planet via VR-remote-link to drive their fleet; they could still call them “robotaxis” and it would be also on brand for our glorious tech-overlords.

1 Like

Anyone seen High Life by Clare Denis? With Juliette Binoche and Robert Pattinson?

Cos that’s what I’m thinking of.

I’m placing my bet on UV-C lamps inside it that only occasionally flash-fry the occupants and any passerby who venture too close.

4 Likes

A disinfecting spray or light in the back seat is still going to leave the deuce the customer dropped on the seat there for the next customer.

5 Likes

picks up telephone receiver

Levi?

Levi?

Well, I think the CyberTruck already looks like a self-cleaning port-a-potty so… confirmed? :crazy_face:

Technology is awesome but I still wonder how tricky removing the shit stain behind the wheel will be if the patent is broadly applied. :smiley:

3 Likes

Full self sanitizing requires the user to wash their hands, take a shower, or do their laundry when they get to their destination just like full self driving requires users to keep their hands on the steering wheel.

4 Likes

The sanitation system causes a component associated with the enclosed space to adjust the current environmental condition toward a target environmental condition

I am imagining an enlarged baby equipment microwave steam sanitiser – what could go wrong?

2 Likes

Counterpoint: They should focus on stopping Elon’s over-promised/under-delivered “full self driving” that they’ve proven again and again they can’t master. And it should probably be banned from the roads in the meantime so the rest of us aren’t unwilling beta testers.

2 Likes

Is that a TARDIS with a working chameleon circuit?

2 Likes