Texas police stop using hypnosis because it doesn't work and leads to false convictions

I don’t often classify things as bizarre. I’m just trying to narrow things down a bit for LG. Let me borrow from Wikipedia:

Aphantasia is the inability to visualize mental images,[1] that is, not being able to picture something in one’s mind. Many people with aphantasia are also unable to recall sounds, smells, or sensations of touch. Some also report prosopagnosia, the inability to recognize faces.

Again, I’m not legally allowed to diagnose conditions, nor would I want to try. Most of my work is with emotions.

2 Likes

I don’t really think of it is a disability and very functional but coming to grips with understanding how my brain differs as it diverges from the norm has helped me. I lasted over 50+ years like this but at least understanding my limits vs the norm helps and having words to describe and understanding what the norm actually is really helps.

I used to think people seeing things in their head in movies and TV shows were more narrative hyperbole but now I at least have confirmation from others they do actually see things in their mind. Being in a subculture that is VERY much into art and fantasy (Furry) understanding those limits has helped me by embracing technologies (Virtual reality social spaces) that help augment that fantasy life.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.