The 11-foot-8+8 bridge strikes again!

Originally published at: The 11-foot-8+8 bridge strikes again! | Boing Boing

13 Likes

He cleared it!

I had a driver once completely rip off the top and back of the truck under a clearly marked low bridge and keep driving all the way to next stop, Amazon shit flying all over the road, while rocking out in his earbuds.

29 Likes

I think he might’ve gone the full can opener if he hadn’t slammed on his brakes at the last moment :see_no_evil:

15 Likes

How about putting some serrated teeth on that blade. Would that make things more interesting? Or, make it a sharp blade so it really does have a can opener effect.

14 Likes

The 11-foot-8+8 bridge strikes again!

Ignoramus Drivers strike again! Stop with this bridge shaming! The bridge does nothing wrong.

35 Likes

This could be a new Olympic event. :1st_place_medal:

10 Likes

Hi @wazroth , I think we’re going to need you here.

13 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpceWrLtWk

10 Likes

Sorry for the delay, I was out with the kiddo.

24 Likes

Ooh, my comment scores, “The Driver is an idiot”! Squeeee!

Edit for sense.

17 Likes

You can see why I put this one in the free space.

16 Likes

But… but… but… I wanna prize…

17 Likes

Even the previous car ran the red light in this one.

13 Likes

Please add a “Awwwwww, I was hoping for some sardine can action” to your bingo card!

9 Likes

Have they tried turning it off and turning it back on again?

10 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

7 Likes

There’s a reason the insurance coverage you get at rental truck places doesn’t cover decapitation. They know you’re going to do it so they won’t cover it.

7 Likes

Since they have photographic evidence that this driver ran the red light, according to the North Carolina Driver’s Manual that’s at least 3 points on their license (page 32). If it counts as “Hit and run, property damage only” as well that’s another 4. If that behavior constituted “Aggressive driving” as well that’s 12 points in one incident.

They’re a good chunk (or all) of the way to a license suspension: “If you accumulate as many as 12 points within a three-year period, your license may be suspended.”

And that’s probably a good number of points on their driver’s insurance. How much did trying to save time cost them in increase premiums over the next several years?

2 Likes

Just call one of those people who you see on the billboards on I85 and they could knock that down to “improper equipment” no problem (if you write them a big enough check).

6 Likes

In Japan they have metal poles, hanging on chains some distance before low bridges that bash the roof of trucks and warn the drivers that they will not fit under the bridge. Why can’t they do this in America?

2 Likes