The 19th-century teen girl who overpowered men in traveling shows

Yeah. Having watched the video and read the article, I didn’t think it actually was Aikido in her case. Just seems like some of her energy-channeling methods were similar.

1 Like

There is a Rome in like every state.

There’s a Rome and a Rome City in Indiana. There are two Romes and a New Rome in Wisconsin, and there are four Romes and a New Rome in Ohio.

1 Like

See Rome, then Rome, then Rome, then Rome, then Rome… and die.

1 Like

Hmmm. There is no Rome or New Rome in Texas from my quick search, but i do find a Rhome, TX.

2 Likes

Like they tried to combine Rome and Rhone, and missed both times?

1 Like

Our Home -> R Home -> Rhome

Could be a tragic misspelling or someone misreading.

2 Likes

Veni vici vici vici vici vici …

3 Likes

… i mortuus est.

4 Likes

Nah… Not at all. European city names were very popular in the states, because it conferred some status. Actually, it was between Rome and Hamburg, I think, and Rome won out.

3 Likes

Ah.

It’s unfortunate that the US has not taken a similar liking to the more quaint location names of the UK, such as Loughrigg Tarn and Dun Ringill. Meaty, juicy names!

1 Like

Nah, if it’s in the east, it tends to be very sort of well known, large city names like Rome, York, Cairo (pronounced Kay-ro)… there is a Scotland GA, though! You’ll also see lots of names based on people (Gwinnett County is named after Button Gwinnett, a GA representative to the continental congress) or Native American names. Out west, you get a lot more places with Spanish names (or in some places in FL). And Louisiana has a strong French, creole influence, of course.

If I ever found a town, I promise to name it Loughrigg Tarn…!

1 Like

Good. And it would be great if there was an actual tarn nearby.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clearly, it’s going to have to be up north, if I want a glacier lake!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.