The Backstage Handbook, an incredible reference for makers, new and old

Originally published at: The Backstage Handbook, an incredible reference for makers, new and old | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Looks like it’s available online to borrow from the Internet Archive (I can’t post links, but go there and have a look)

7 Likes

I called up my local bookstore, since their website said it cost $37 but that they didn’t have it in stock at the moment. The person was like “yeah yeah, I got your two other emails already” and I’m like, no, neither of them were me.

I guess a bunch of people in my neighborhood watch Adam Savage or read BoingBoing.

Long story short, no, they wouldn’t be able to get it. Amazon only shows used copies from $100+. My bookstore suggested to look in used bookstores.

5 Likes

Link: Backstage Handbook at Archive.org

9 Likes

Hopefully all this attention with encourage the publisher to do a new printing.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. Just experienced my first loan from Internet Archive. I’ll be keeping an eye out for copies as I roam stores.

1 Like

last printed in 2012

https://www.broadwaypress.com/bookpages/bhrev.html

1 Like

Despite working backstage forever now, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a copy of this book. I’ve heard of it, but never actually seen it.

3 Likes

Former props/carpenter guy here. This book was indispensable along with Stock Scenery Construction Handbook by Bill Raoul and Mike Monsos.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.