The City of San Diego has a weird way of saying "Thank You"

For those who know my work, I would have obviously been the right man for the job. Just buy me a plane ticket, and I’m there.

4 Likes

IMHO cities neglect infrastructure repairs to discourage homeless people from moving in. When cities are doing repars they tend to use “Hostile Architecture” techniques. I can almost guarantee you that as small as that bench was the “city” would have installed dividers to discourage sleeping on it. Just my opinion.

1 Like

For example, San Diego proper has already implemented methods of hostile architecture, as evidenced by the “benches” at the America Plaza trolley station. There used to be those flat, grille-type metal benches intended to prevent long-term comfort, but they have been swapped out for these new concrete cuboid slabs with a 90-degree twist in the middle. You can sit, but you can’t lay flat without discomfort.

(Shout out to Giovanni’s Trattoria, one of SD’s best pizza-by-the-slice restaurants right there in America Plaza)

2 Likes

They knew who I was because the article started with "Boy Scout Blackanvil, 14, cleared out the poison ivy that has been growing in Woodland Park . . . " My family’s address was in the phone book. Even cops, back then at least, knew how to look up addresses in the phone book. Not so sure today.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.