The copay assumes the 99% treat healthcare like spiteful buffet gorgers

They aren’t talking about repurposing money from unrelated things, they are talking about repurposing funds that are currently being spent on healthcare. This isn’t saying you can pay for part of your new car by selling your house, it’s saying you can pay for part of your new car by selling your old car.

8 Likes

Glad you’re finally putting your conservative tribal willful ignorance right out in the open and people can safely ignore you outright from now on.

2 Likes

Side note regarding ignoring people, this is an option provided by user @tinoesroho:

Thanks to the great moderation on the site by @orenwolf and co., I can count on one hand the number of users to whom I apply this Mute client-side functionality. Still, not having to hear the attempts of those few to derail has improved my experience on this site immensely.

1 Like

High on the list of “talking points to avoid” :slight_smile:

It is not possible to spend money without sponsoring some industry or business model.

And remember, the US and state governments have always used tax-funded spending to influence trade. For example, building public works that democratize market access (such as highways, piers and village commons) to encourage fair competition and participation in open trade. It’s generally because of this that Americans have more opportunities to gain private wealth than people in countries where no such spending has occurred. Choosing to spend sustainably or in a way that employs the poor is not a novel extension of the idea.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.