The fall of College Humor

Um actually, the show is called “Um Actually”.

Game Changer is an absolute delight imo. Some episodes are better than others, but every one is fun and everyone seems to have a good time. I’m a happy Dropout subscriber and I hope Sam is able to keep doing this for a while.

2 Likes

Why did they have to tear down the whole website? There was some really solid non-video content there. Dorkly, too. It’s not unknown for such sites to persist even after the content stops; thank goodness we still have The Toast.

Of course, a lot of it is still on Archive.org, but you have to know exactly where to look.
Scrollin' Adventure - CollegeHumor Post

3 Likes

I don’t recall the details, but I don’t think so. I think it was a cashing out by the original owner(s)

3 Likes

but I realize that I’m becoming part of a growing minority.

Wouldn’t it be a shrinking minority? Or are All Your Base and Chocolate Rain going to eventually become beloved by a majority again, given enough time?

CH was bought in 2006 by IAC, which basically is a massive holding company that had all kinds of properties that looked “indie” but really were just big conglomerate owned.

Before that they were owned by Connected Ventures, a vencap based company built on generating ad revenue via product placements and user demographic sales.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.