'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' as read by Stephen Fry

The best thing about the BBC TV version. Was the bits with “the book”

While they appear to be all fancy computer animated they were all traditional hand made animation.

And they’re a thing made for a DVD pause button because they’re is a lot of information flowing on the screen with cross references etc.

6 Likes

The Hollywood movie missed the best thing of the series.
“The Book”. The movie did crappy animation that looks like it was done by the guys that did insurance commercials and no text on the screen.
Look at the animated bits of the BBC show…
If they flooded the screen with that information they would at least racked up on DVD sales for the pause and jump features on a DVD.

I very much disagree. The animation was heavily inspired by the BBC series and incorporates text and symbology (because the entire universe doesn’t speak English) as well as a whole navigation scheme to give the feeling that you’re exploring the Book.

1 Like

I am sad I lost my taped off the radio version which still had the ‘Ford do you realize that robot can hum like Pink Floyd’ line.

The scripts are fun for all the footnotes about little things like he used an actual phone number for the improbable odds, and please quit calling it.

1 Like

When I was a kid, my entire family used to sit around the lounge room and listen to the BBC radio series. It was like a scene from The Waltons

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.