The illegal things that unscrupulous auto dealers do to close a sale

Not my cup of tea.

@FlyerJack Yes, absolutely. We have two of them (wifey drives a 2012 Limited 4cyl); and I am looking for a used Subaru one for our third vehicle (my daughter and oldest son both drive). They are very reliable and practical.

1 Like

Don’t forget the entire middle, which screams “Colorado”!

3 Likes

So which major city do you live in?

I also didn’t own a car until my 30s, and didn’t own a new car until I had children. But that’s thanks to living in cities with public transportation and dense neighborhoods. Most people in the U.S. simply cannot live as you have.

3 Likes

I’m not sure auto financing companies remotely care about income vs expenses. I bought my last car (new 2014 Subaru Outback) on a 48mo loan where my income was roughly half my expenses. My wife makes the money in our home. She wasn’t available to sign the paperwork so it had to run on my numbers alone. I expected to be flat out denied and to pay cash for the vehicle. Imagine my surprise when they approved me. Based on the paperwork I signed they should have given me zero dollars. Idiots.

And if the repairs are under $10k I would take them to small claims court where I have higher odds of winning and no cost of losing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.