The international Werewolf Erotica gig economy is booming

Originally published at: The international Werewolf Erotica gig economy is booming | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Werewolf erotica - one of the few places where “heaving beasts” might not be a typo.

8 Likes

Headlines like this are why I keep coming back to BB on a daily basis.
Just perfect.

5 Likes

The following is a long video, but offers an interesting insight in to the world of Werewolf Erotica.

5 Likes

The business model isn’t that different than the pulp magazines of the 1930’s, just a little less centralized.

7 Likes

I recall back when self-publishing on Amazon and other online retailers was just starting to take off and the sudden boom of people making a quick buck writing all sorts of erotica that resulted in a lot of discussion in various places about how to make a go of it yourself. It’s no surprise to me that the market is still there.

1 Like

2 Likes

So does this exclude werewolves of London then?

I mean, come on, I hear they’ve been spotted drinking Pina coladas at Trader Vicks and they have perfect hair, and…

If that ain’t worthy of more fanfic…

8 Likes

Werewolf Erotica Gig Economy is the name of my new garage band.

We pressed a vinyl 45. “Eight Cup Bra,” with “Estrous Eternal” on the flip side.

8 Likes

I was contacted through WattPad to potentially write serial fiction, not werewolf romance or erotica – my stuff is near future SF – but I don’t want to write to someone else’s formula. I could see it would be impossible to crank out a short chapter a day. It’s not the way I like to write.

1 Like

tumblr_25870f8057bbab7a19f41523d6693c1e_8030101b_400

12 Likes

The only word I found surprising in that was gig.

I know they cranked out these kinds of novels; I didn’t realize it was part of the gig economy though.

I’d say it’s just the usual “apply the hot new name to this old thing and pretend we’ve invented something new”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.