The neurotypicals are smearing butter directly on cutting boards and calling them “butter boards”

This is one of those ideas that is so dumb that it makes me a little mad just thinking about it.

22 Likes

I admit, I watched the tiktok. That is a lot of butter on one bite.
Also- truffle seasoning from Costco?!

I’ll take civilized ramekins and knives with flavored butters thankyouverymuch

17 Likes

The trend has become popular on TikTok

“The trend has become popular on TikTok” long ago became a shorthand for “this is a dumb idea” for me. Perhaps I’m being unfair in this case.
… looks at TikTok…
No, no I’m not.

28 Likes

Ils sont fous, ces Neurotypiques.

Speaking as an autistic person, let me just say that this is just one more piece of evidence that Neurotypicals are weird.

And if you’re so worried about the insult of being tarred with the term “Neurotypical”, may I ask if “white” or “straight” or “cis” are also considered deeply insulting epithets to you?

(But yeah, sure, let’s have a “light it up mauve” NT awareness campaign, right along the straight pride march during white history month.)

13 Likes

To me, it’s more of a smear. But hey, I don’t always know what side my bread is buttered on.

13 Likes

See, this is the problem with communication media that do not provide any way to just stare at someone for fully 10 seconds, then slowly repeat the phrase “game changer” followed by a further 10 seconds of staring and then leaving the room

9 Likes

If we have to sort people into categories, we could start with “reasonable” and “unreasonable” :thinking:

12 Likes

20 Likes

No way I would do this butter board bullshit, but I will share that if you don’t have any proper sweets in the house, a reasonably thin slab of unsalted butter on a saltine with a generous drop of honey has a surprisingly satisfying flavor and texture profile.

17 Likes

The old saying comes to mind:

“Everyone’s weird but me and thee, and I’m not too sure about thee”

As a Neurotypical I can fully agree that Neurotypicals are weird. I don’t understand them either :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Buter brod?

:grin:

9 Likes

Where else are you going to get a gallon for $29.95? :wink:

12 Likes

If you drop it, you’ll instantly find out what side it’s buttered on.

11 Likes

al-roker-butter-today-191128-01

8 Likes

homer-butter

10 Likes

Actually, the use scanned to me as “we can’t say ‘crazy’ on social media anymore.” Which isn’t too far off - it still sends the message that “this thing that doesn’t make sense to me is due to someone else’s brain being unreconcilably different from mine.” That old trope that people don’t make bad decisions, it’s just due to how they think. Seems counterproductive to me but it’s not my movement.

So no, I’m not offended.

3 Likes

After reading the article several times I was mystified by the same. Is it meant as a kind of reverse slur against “normies”, or that “neurotypical ‘new’ mental illness”? Have I become so old that this is just a kind of humor that goes right over my head?

It seems to unnecessarily sabotage the underlying point that this “butter board” idea is simply really stupid.

9 Likes

Because the author is neurodivergent, and is making the point that it’s not us autists doing this, but yet still we’re considered the weird ones.

Please consider, if it helps, White Culture.

Or is it that we aren’t allowed to express frustration against the dominant neurotype where you can see it? Why is that where you’re drawing the line? Am I allowed to joke about neurotypical fragility?

10 Likes

Have I got news for you!

10 Likes
1 Like