The neurotypicals are smearing butter directly on cutting boards and calling them “butter boards”

Originally published at: The neurotypicals are smearing butter directly on cutting boards and calling them "butter boards"  | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The Dairy Council approve of this message.

16 Likes

Almost worth posting about how the trendiest people are fed up with butter boards and the hottest thing right now is dining off of ‘saliva boards’ just to see how many likes it gets.

20 Likes

ryan reynolds hd GIF

39 Likes

act fast because this hot new trend will be gone in about an hour

15 Likes

What’s with “neurotypical” used this way? I’m having a hard time interpreting it as anything but a slur, but I can’t decide against whom. Whichever way it slices, using a property that people can’t change to belittle something is a bad look.

30 Likes

That was a little strange, I’ll admit.

If anything, there’s conjecture that it’s a slur against the person who doesn’t have mental issues that would classify them as neurodivergent (ADD/HD, autism, etc.).

2 Likes

I don’t think social media trends last that long

13 Likes

In the neurodiversity community, happy mutants often perceive and stereotype neurotypicals as shallow, focussed on surface over substance.

Using your butter as a surface for decoration earns the slur.

7 Likes

… against the “normies,” apparently

10 Likes

Normal people are pretty weird though, right?

32 Likes

There must be some more practical way to assemble a gluten-free sandwich :thinking:

13 Likes

I am waiting for the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Board, then I am in.

15 Likes

i-cant-believe-its-not-butter-90s-movie

13 Likes

There’s a butter cafe nearby whose entire premise is serving various flavors of gourmet butter to groups who eat it with a nice baguette. They don’t do this nonsense, they put each flavor in a little dish, people use their knives to spread it, and nothing is gross, oily or covered in spit or fingerprints (with the possible exception of the bread, which has to be held in order to slice it- still, one could use a napkin for that).

17 Likes

2f0494eb-3dd2-4fcb-8ee3-32333bd401fc_text

6 Likes

Adding this to my to do list: Create a line of suet cakes for neurotypicals. Create a Crate and Barrel-esque suet cake holder for parties.

4 Likes

7 Likes

One just knows there is going to end up being a British Butter Board.

10 Likes

It’s being used derisively in the same way white or straight get used.

Which means no, not really a slur because that’s the majority group in power.

The joke is the “normal” people get to normalize some pretty weird shit by virtue of all that normalcy. Even when it seems really freaky to a person in a particular minority group.

23 Likes